Golf has seen the rise of many great brands over the years, but very few of them have been as formidable as TaylorMade. TaylorMade Golf is an establishment that dates back to 1979 and the man at the forefront of the brand is Gary Adams. These TaylorMade Golf Reviews include some of the best golf balls used by leading players and golfing experts. The TaylorMade TP5x Golf Balls is the perfect choice for top players.
While golf ball technology is constantly evolving, the TaylorMade brand is at the forefront of the artisanship and introduction of quality features. In this article, we look at the top TaylorMade Golf Balls Reviews that have been handpicked and analyzed. Now, you can also play with some of the very best on the market today.
Features Of The Best TaylorMade Golf Balls
TaylorMade has been known to be at the forefront of golf ball features, which is why we are looking at a few things that make these golf balls special. The brand is very interesting and most of their features are for the slightly more experienced golfer. The following is what you can expect to find in most TaylorMade Golf Balls on the market today.
On any golf course distance is one of the main things that you need to consider. TaylorMade golf balls have been designed to give the user additional distance when they are playing. The TaylorMade TP5 Golf Balls are considered some of the best for distance. They work well in windy conditions by giving you a low trajectory off the tee.
Some of the more expensive TaylorMade golf balls also have more speed off the tee. The additional speed allows them to travel slightly farther and bounce more on impact. However, you will notice that the core technology varies from each golf ball. We will also take a look at the core and inner workings of the TaylorMade golf balls.
One feature that most TaylorMade golf balls have in common is the core. The dual-distance core system is made for exceptional distance. Some of the more sophisticated TaylorMade Golf Balls have a React™ Speed Core. This technology can still enhance your game and give you a great distance. However, the spin is exceptional.
One of the golf balls with the React Core Technology is the TaylorMade Distance Plus Golf Balls. They react off the tee and will allow the golf ball to spin on impact. These golf balls are great for chip shots, but not for straight drives. Additionally, they will give be lenient on the green, preferring to travel straight, rather than with a curve.
TaylorMade has also introduced the Ultra Soft 34 Compression Core, which is a more affordable core type that ensures the golf ball is softer and reaches more distance. The softcore should help with the elderly if they are suffering from arthritis. However, one can find many pieces of equipment that should help with arthritis.
One can argue that the aerodynamics are all part of the distance a player will get from a golf ball. However, the aerodynamic feature is so much more. These outer layers are constructed to either give you distance or to allow for more drag if you need to draw or fade the golf ball. Much like any other brand, TaylorMade has all the features to go either way depending on your game.
For many of the modern TaylorMade Golf Balls, you will find that the 342 dimple count is enough to ensure that it does not take too much drag in the air. The TaylorMade Noodle Long & Soft Golf Balls have a soft outer cover and it is a prime example of the dimple count we just mentioned. Additionally, these are some of the most affordable golf balls on the market today.
Golf ball compression is one of the leading decisions to make of the golf ball you choose to play with. The compression directly refers to how tightly you find the inner core threads to be woven. If they are wound up very tightly, the golf ball will be harder, however, a loosely wound up core will ensure that compression is lower.
- Low Compression: TaylorMade Golf Balls have various inner core materials that are used and have an impact on the compression. For the most part, you will find golf balls that have a low compression rating. Since they react more to the swing of the club, they tend to give you a bit more distance on the fairway. However, they are not as reactive as the others.
- High Compression: As mentioned, the more tightly woven the treads are, the higher your compression will be. It means you have much more control over the ball in the air. Additionally, your chips shots can be swung and spun in the optimal direction.
- Medium Compression: Those players that need some control and a bit of distance can consider looking at a medium compression golf ball. The golf balls are often hard to find, but they have all the features an intermediate might need.
It is vital that you find the right compression for your game. The compression can have a major impact on your game and for elderly players; they can get more distance without having the golf ball feel like a rock. If you are someone that really hits the ball at pace or hard, you might need a high compression golf ball for accuracy.
The layers used for the construction of these golf balls have an effect on the ball itself. Not only does it indicate the distance or the spin one can find, but it also indicates the durability of the material used for the golf ball. You will find numerous different golf ball layer types and all of them have an effect on the game you play.
If a golf ball has more layers, it will give you an indication that it is made for spin instead of distance. Golf balls that are made for distance rarely have more than 3-layers. A 2-layer golf ball tends to be far more durable than any of the others. It is stacked to one another and this will ensure that the golf ball is harder.
The layers refer to the complete construction of the golf ball and the inner core. An inner core that is not heavily compressed will give you more control over your game, especially in the short game. However, the harder a golf ball is, the less control you will have. Harder golf balls are specifically made to increase the distance.
One feature that has not been left out for TaylorMade Golf Balls is the visibility factor. They have golf balls that one can find in a variety of different colors, with each color making it possible to see at different times during the day. The TaylorMade Rocketballz Speed Golf Balls are found in different colors with an ionomer cover for durability.
Most golf balls that one can find in colors have similar features to those that are white. However, yellow is the most prominent secondary color that you can choose for your golf ball. A yellow golf ball is easy to see at night and during the day. Pink also seems to be a good color that one can choose if you want to play at night.
With all the features now mentioned, it should be easy to find the best golf balls for your needs. Looking at something like the best golf clubs can be a bit tricky, but it will complement your golf balls. The following summary will sum up all that has been mentioned so far. Now. You can decide whether TaylorMade Golf Balls are for you:
Pros Of TaylorMade Golf Balls
- Variety: There is a wide variety of different golf balls that one can choose from. TaylorMade is catering for people of all skill levels and all budget types to ensure you find a good golf ball for your needs.
- Distance: One thing you might have seen us emphasize, is the overall distance that one can get with these golf balls. They have a small core construction, generally, 2 or 3-layered, making them harder and more durable.
- Low Compression: Since these golf balls have a very low compression rating, you don’t need to worry about losing control over the golf ball. It gives you enough control for your short game, with the ability to add some fade or drag.
- All Handicaps: One of the features that the brand has chosen to pride itself on is that it can produce golf balls for every handicap. Some of them might be a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for.
- Aerodynamics: Whether you like the brand or not, the technology implemented for the aerodynamics and the dimples are some of the best on the market today. They are aerodynamic and will allow the ball to travel much farther in the air.
- Reaction: One often needs the reaction of a golf ball to ensure that it does what it is supposed to. If you want the react core, you will find some of the best spin and control for your short game, adding a lot of spin to the fray.
These are some of the positive features that one can expect to find if they buy TaylorMade golf balls for their golf set.
Cons Of The TaylorMade Golf Clubs
- Price: Unfortunate, TaylorMade is not the most affordable brand on the market today. If you are looking for value, you need to consider them, but not just as a cheap option to get you started with your game.
- Takes Practice: The final thing that you need to consider is that you will spend a lot of time on the course. It takes time to adjust to playing with these golf balls. Top players like Rory McIlroy choose these golf balls for their professional game.
Should You Buy TaylorMade Golf Balls?
The general consensus around the golfing world is that you cannot go wrong with TaylorMade golf balls. It is one of the leading brands that you can rely on to spike your game. As a personal choice, we would like to recommend the TaylorMade TP5x Golf Balls. They are a bit more expensive than the others but have all the modern features and durabilities.