Are you looking to improve your golf game and be more accurate? Attention to detail might be the key to take your handicap to the next level. The best golf laser rangefinder is designed to help you when it comes to details. Now, you can be more accurate on slope calculations and measure the distance to around ½ a yard that ensures more time is spent on each swing. We would recommend the Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder as the ultimate option that anyone can use.
Understanding optics is not only related to your golfing game. With years of hunting experience, I have done hours of research pertaining to the top rangefinders. This has helped me when it comes understanding the top options and which of the rangefinders will work the best for your game. In this article, you should find out all you need to know about rangefinders and how to choose the right one for your game.
|Best Rangefinder||Special Feature||Our Rating|
|Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder||This is the complete rangefinder with all the top features any player might need||★★★★★|
|NX7 Pro Slope Golf Rangefinder||An affordable rangefinder for most beginners that makes life easier||★★★★★|
|Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder||One of the fastest rangefinders when it comes to seeking the pin when playing||★★★★★|
|Nikon Coolshot 20i Golf Rangefinder||Nikon has some of the best optics I have ever seen in a rangefinder for the money||★★★★★|
|TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder||This rangefinder is extremely durable with an outer shell that could resist everything||★★★★★|
|TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder||As a budget rangefinder, this model is an excellent way for beginners to improve their handicap||★★★★★|
|Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder||A budget rangefinder with all the elite features and some more for all players||★★★★★|
- 1 Best Golf Laser Rangefinders On The Market Today
- 1.1 Top Pick: Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder
- 1.2 Runner-Up: NX7 Pro Slope Golf Rangefinder
- 1.3 Best Competition Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder
- 1.4 Best Beginner Rangefinder: Nikon Coolshot 20i Golf Rangefinder
- 1.5 Best Durable Rangefinder: TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder
- 1.6 Best Budget Rangefinder: TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder
- 1.7 Editor’s Choice: Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder
- 2 Key Features To Consider When Choosing A Golf Laser Rangefinder
- 3 Our Favorite Rangefinder Is
Best Golf Laser Rangefinders On The Market Today
Rangefinders are either GPS or they make use of a laser. No matter which one you choose, the laser rangefinder is a little more accurate and should help to improve your game. These rangefinders have been extensively tested to ensure quality, meaning they should help you quite a lot when it comes to improving your overall game. Here are the top rangefinders on the market today for golfers.
Top Pick: Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder
Bushnell is the leading brand when it comes to rangefinder technology. The Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder is one of the most stable with the latest technology. The slope switch feature is the main feature, allowing you to choose between slope calculations technologies or turning it off. This makes the rangefinder competition ready according to USGA rules.
- Accuracy: Since this is one of the latest rangefinders, it is accurate to ½ a yard, a little better than most of the older models
- Field of View: Having a field of view of almost 400-yards, makes the rangefinder effective for seeing everything on the course
- PinSeeker: Bushnell has one of the best pin seeker technology features and the accuracy is rated as one of the best
- Range: Most of the lesser rangefinders only have a range of around 500-yards. However, this model features a maximum range of 1000-yards
- Price: The only downside is the price. This is one of the most expensive rangefinders on the market today
Runner-Up: NX7 Pro Slope Golf Rangefinder
The NX7 Pro Slope Golf Rangefinder is one of my favorite affordable models on the market today. This simple and effective rangefinder also helps you when it comes to club selection. Pulse vibration will help you get the most accurate distance and ensure the rangefinder tells you when you are ready. This should give you a little more confidence.
- Price: This is one of the more affordable models, making it perfect for beginners and top players new to rangefinders
- Durability: The rangefinder is one of the most durable options on the market today, making it perfect for tough conditions
- Warranty: The rangefinder comes with a state of the art 2-year warranty that should help you stay protected
- Pin Seeking: Unfortunately, we have had a few problems when it comes to detecting the pin correctly
Best Competition Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder
A competition rangefinder is designed without the slope feature as this feature is not yet accepted for competition purposes. The Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder is one of the top rangefinders without the slope feature. It might be slightly older, but still offers excellent features that make life easier on the court.
- Range: Once again, Bushnell has designed a rangefinder that should be able to reach the 1000-yard mark
- Competition Ready: As we have already mentioned this rangefinder does not have the slope feature, making it perfect for competitions
- Pin Seeker: The pin seeker is fast and easy, meaning you will spend less time worrying about finding the pin on the course
- Price: Unfortunately, Bushnell is also one of the most expensive brands that mean not everyone can afford it
Best Beginner Rangefinder: Nikon Coolshot 20i Golf Rangefinder
As a beginner, the slope feature is one of the most important options. The Nikon Coolshot 20i Golf Rangefinder is an affordable option that offers you the ability to calculate the slopes on the course. It is also one of the smaller models that should perfectly fit into your pull cart. However, it can be used in your pocket as well.
- Fast Focus: The fast focus is one of the top features that means you can find the target with much more ease
- Slope Calculation: This is a great feature for beginners and it means you can now calculate the slopes before playing a shot
- Price: For this technology, you might expect an excessive price, but these features are great for the price
- Pin Seeker: The pin seeker technology is not the best as the rangefinder calculates the range too fast from time to time
Best Durable Rangefinder: TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder
One of the standout features of the TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder is the state of the art design, accompanied by the massive range. The optics are some of the best that I have seen and it has been multicoated. This should help you when it comes to resisting the glare from the sun, while not forcing you to break the bank.
- Durable: This rangefinder is really durable and the multi-coated optics also means it is great for the suns glare
- Range: With a massive 5600-yard range, the rangefinder is one of the very best for those who might need it for other purposes
- Price: With all these to features, the rangefinder will not even force you to break the bank, making it great for beginners
- Warranty: I love the limited 2-year warranty that should give you peace of mind and keep you protected at all times
- Ease of use: Some of the more expensive rangefinders are a little simpler and easier to use in for beginners
Best Budget Rangefinder: TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder
Finally, we have included a rangefinder specifically designed for those strapped to a budget. The TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder might not be one of the most popular rangefinders, but it features some of the latest technology found in 2018. It is also one of the most affordable options for everyone to use when needed.
- Price: This is the most affordable rangefinder on the market today, making it great for people of all walks of life
- Pin Sensor: This is an excellent option when you need fast pin seeking technology to help you find the flag
- Lightweight: I would be bold to say that this is probably one of the most lightweight models, making it really simple and easy to carry
- Range: I have had a few issues with the range as this is only around the 550-yard mark, which might be too little
Editor’s Choice: Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder
The Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder is the final rangefinder we have on this list and it is also one of my favorites. It comes with the slope calculation feature for beginners to get started while striving for the top level. Scan functionality also means the rangefinder can scan the course and help you find numerous different targets.
- Pin Seeker: Callaway has introduced one of the fastest pin seekers on the market today, making it great for all players
- Range: Once again, the 1000-yard range should make a massive difference when you acquiring multiple targets
- Scan Functionality: As we have already mentioned, this feature helps players to find numerous different targets simultaneously
- Competition: Unfortunately, this is not one of the top competition options and the slope calculation has made it illegal
Key Features To Consider When Choosing A Golf Laser Rangefinder
Now that you have seen the best rangefinders, you might also be wondering which of the features we have used to choose these options. While this might not be the complete list, we have noted the most important features from our research:
Slope technology is excellent when it comes to helping you with attention to detail. This will ensure that all your measurements are accurate and you know how to play the ball down to the hole. It might not be legal in competition but definitely has helped every beginner.
The ranges vary quite a bit, but it is very important to keep the range in mind. With the right range, the rangefinder can actually find more than simply one hole. This is great for the obsessive game planners and we recommend around 500-yards for your rangefinder.
Pin seeker technology is what makes life easier when you need to find the pin a little faster. This will remove some of the guessing work when caught out in the rough or any other precarious position. The recommended accuracy should be around 1-yard.
Our Favorite Rangefinder Is
Now that you have seen most of the top rangefinder options, you should know that we would definitely recommend all of them for golfers. However, the Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder is one of the best and it features everything you might need. It is also perfect for your competition purposes if you play professionally. Be sure to check out the best golf clubs as well.