Have you just improved your handicap to the midrange and these beginner drivers are not doing it for you anymore? If that is the case, the best golf drivers for mid handicappers will help you out of that rut. These drivers will help you have a much better approach and improve the rate at which you actually reach the fairway. The TaylorMade M3 Driver 460cc stands out as the best for mid handicappers today.
Golf is considered a gentleman’s sport, but I cannot stress how many times I have felt like smashing the driver when it is not the right fit. Since the driver is one of the most important clubs, having the right one makes a massive difference. I have tested many different drivers to help find the best one for my handicap over the last couple of years.
In this article, we explore some of the best drivers that I have tested. Since they are rated by experts as the best golf drivers for mid handicappers, you can use them as well. We have rated each of them after asking multiple players to try them and these have actually stood out to be the best options on the market today.
|Best Golf Drivers||Recommended Skill Level||Our Rating|
|TaylorMade M3 Driver 460cc||Semi-Pro||★★★★★|
|Callaway Golf Men’s Rogue Driver||Semi-Pro/Pro||★★★★★|
|Callaway Golf Men’s Great Big Bertha Epic Driver||Semi-Pro||★★★★★|
|Callaway Golf Ladies Big Bertha Fusion Driver||Semi-Pro||★★★★★|
|Cobra Men’s King F6 Driver||Semi-Pro||★★★★★|
|Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Driver||Semi-Pro||★★★★★|
|TaylorMade M4 Driver||Pro||★★★★★|
- 1 Best Golf Drivers For Mid Handicappers On The Market Today
- 1.1 Top Pick: TaylorMade M3 Driver 460cc
- 1.2 Best Driver For Distance: Callaway Golf 2018 Men’s Rogue Driver
- 1.3 Best Driver Against The Wind: Callaway Golf Men’s Great Big Bertha Epic Driver
- 1.4 Best Driver For Women: Callaway Golf Ladies Big Bertha Fusion Driver
- 1.5 Most Adjustable Golf Driver: Cobra Men’s King F6 Driver
- 1.6 Best Driver For Recreational Golfers: Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Driver
- 1.7 Best High-End Driver: TaylorMade M4 Driver
- 2 What Is The Crown Of A Golf Club?
- 3 Which One Is The Best?
Best Golf Drivers For Mid Handicappers On The Market Today
Whether you consider yourself a pro player or a beginner, the driver is an essential part of your kit. Multiple features are taken into account when selecting the right one, but we have left that for the technical fanatics. If you are only looking for a perfect club, here are some of the best options currently available today:
Top Pick: TaylorMade M3 Driver 460cc
Adjustability seems to be the key theme when looking at the TaylorMade M3 Driver 460cc. With its superior looking “twist face” design, it enables the player to make all the loft adjustments they need. With this design, it is extremely forgiving and reduces those “hook” or “pull” shots that are undesired for mid handicappers.
- Forgiving: The driver is extremely forgiving, to the level where even beginners can use it to improve their handicaps.
- Increased Distance: A special slot has been placed behind the face. This actually helps to give the ball more speed and increases the overall distance.
- Adjustability: As mentioned, the driver is extremely adjustable and anyone can change the loft to a certain extent.
- Lightweight: The driver is one of the lightest on the market today and this increases the ability to propel the shot closer to the green.
- Adjustments are confusing: With this club, there is a lot of tinkering required and you might need to have a pro assist you.
Best Driver For Distance: Callaway Golf 2018 Men’s Rogue Driver
The Callaway Golf 2018 Men’s Rogue Driver is designed to give you a little more speed with every swing. The Triaxial Carbon crown will give you that gunshot-like sound when you swing the club. It also increases the distance you get when playing every shot. Finally, it is available in multiple weights for pro players of all sizes.
- Exceptional Distance: The club is renowned for the speed of the swing. This adds to the distance for a closer approach.
- Multiple Weights: No matter your strength or your size, this club is efficient and you can find one in your desired weight.
- Forgiveness: It might not have the same forgiveness as the TaylorMade M1, but mid-handicappers can see an improvement.
- Price: This is one of those clubs that is used by professionals. This is why it commands such a price.
Best Driver Against The Wind: Callaway Golf Men’s Great Big Bertha Epic Driver
Driving against the wind is always an issue, but the Callaway Golf Men’s Great Big Bertha Epic Driver makes it possible to control the ball a little better. The driver enables you to change the weight distribution. This will have a better effect on the shape of your shots. Jailbreak technology will help to break those oncoming winds for more distance.
- Jailbreak Technology: This new and revolutionary tech feature will help propel the ball at a higher velocity. More distance is assured.
- Weight Distribution: You have full functionality when it comes to weight distribution. It should allow for more functionality.
- Lightweight Shaft: This driver has one of the lightest shafts to give you more speed of the tee as well.
- Best Straight Shots: if you are looking to draw or fade the ball, this might not be the best club to choose
Best Driver For Women: Callaway Golf Ladies Big Bertha Fusion Driver
When it comes to mid handicappers, Callaway is dominating the ranks. The Callaway Golf Ladies Big Bertha Fusion Driver is specifically directed at the female players. It includes fusion technology that helps the player with more forgiveness, while the triaxial carbon crown gives you more power behind every shot.
- Adjustable Loft: Different situation will require a different loft and that is exactly what is needed for mid handicappers.
- Power: The triaxial carbon crown is one of the best features from Callaway and gives you more power behind every shot.
- Aerodynamic: With Boeing-like aerodynamics, the club is perfect when reducing the drag of playing shots.
- Best For Straight Shots: The club is designed for straight shots and other shots might not work that well
Most Adjustable Golf Driver: Cobra Men’s King F6 Driver
The Cobra Men’s King F6 Driver is one of the best when it comes to adjustability. With a re-engineered Titanium E6 interface, the driver is one of the very best when it comes to providing power. Cobra has engineered a trench around the face for more aerodynamics. It should improve the speed of the shot and the distance attained.
- Adjustability: This club will enable you to adjust the loft as needed. It features 8 different settings.
- Sweet Spot: It has been designed with a massive sweet spot and more forgiveness for every player.
- Affordable: Since the club is a little older, it is one of the cheaper models we have on this list so far.
- No real cons are present when looking at the price of the club.
Best Driver For Recreational Golfers: Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Driver
As a recreational golfer myself, I don’t see myself spending hundreds of dollars on an expensive club. The Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Driver with a HiBore crown comes to the rescue. This crown design will give you maximum distance and ensure more power. Flex-Fin technology is rather unique and provides more speed as well.
- More Speed: If you are a slow player, this club should help to improve your speed off the tee.
- Lightweight: The HiBore crown is not one of the high-end options, but does save some weight on the club.
- Reasonably Priced: The club is actually quite affordable for all the features that have been included
- Distance: This club might not reach the same distances as some of the others on the list, but the price makes up for it
Best High-End Driver: TaylorMade M4 Driver
The list can never be complete without including the revolutionary TaylorMade M4 Driver. This one of the best drivers on the market today and features maximum adjustability for the loft. A hammerhead slot improves the power of each shot and gives you a little more distance. However, it is a little expensive on the pocket.
- Distance: Compared to many of the other drivers, this one has been crafted to give you the best distance.
- Adjustability: The club has multiple adjustability settings and with some tinkering, you can change almost everything.
- Aerodynamic: The design has been specifically made to make the club as aerodynamic as possible.
- Price: Since this club has all the latest technology, it is one of the most expensive as well. However, it will go well with your set of irons.
What Is The Crown Of A Golf Club?
The term crown is something we here often when looking at golf clubs, but many people don’t actually understand what it is. The crown refers to the front end of the golf club and while it was once solid, it is now much more attractive. The crown is responsible for the different interactions of the clubface and it is generally close to what many consider the sweet spot of the club.
Carbon composites are generally the best materials for high-end clubs, but it also spikes the price a little bit. Having a more durable or “hardened” crown can give you more distance from the club. However, you need to find one that is the most comfortable for you to play with. Callaway features the triaxial carbon crown and this has been highly rated by many pro players.
Which One Is The Best?
Simply stating that one of these clubs is the best will be a bold statement. They all have a special feature that set them apart from the rest. We like all of these clubs and have tested them. However, the best golf drivers for mid handicappers must be topped off by the TaylorMade M3 Driver 460cc. If you have a good remote control golf cart, this club should work wonders to help you look and feel more professional.
Check out the best golf drivers for high handicappers as well.