Golfing is a sport for the gentleman (or woman) and many people have turned to it as part of a hobby and eventually converted or taught themselves the way of the pros. As a golfer, your clubs will be your lifeblood, but as a pro, you need even better clubs. The best golf drivers for high handicappers will take your game to the next level and you can join the ranks of top players like Tiger Woods perhaps. The TaylorMade 2018 M4 D-Type Driver is one of the best picks with all the customization features.
Technology is what makes a golf club. Gone are the days of using the standard wooden clubs and relying on your skill, but players like myself have adapted and the technology might not always be beneficial enough. After spending hours on the golfing range, we tracked down some of the elite clubs with less technology and more reliant on your skills and this is what you will definitely love as a top golfer.
In this article, you will find and understand a little more to help expand your golfing skills, especially when it comes to teeing off and reaching the maximum range. We have added a little bit of a knowledge bomb for the technical player as well in the buyer’s guide. Here you can explore some of the top features that set the beginner clubs apart from the pro players.
|Best Golf Driver||Skill Level Recommendation||Our Rating|
|TaylorMade 2018 M4 D-Type Driver||Semi-pro/Pro||★★★★★|
|Callaway Golf Men’s Great Big Bertha Epic Driver||Semi-Pro||★★★★★|
|TaylorMade Men’s AeroBurner Driver||Intermediate||★★★★★|
|TaylorMade M3 Driver||Semi-pro/Pro||★★★★★|
|Cobra Golf Men’s King F8+ Driver||Semi-pro/Pro||★★★★★|
|Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Driver||Semi-pro/ Senior/ Pro||★★★★★|
- 1 Best Golf Driver For High Handicappers On The Market Today
- 1.1 Top Pick: TaylorMade 2018 M4 D-Type Driver
- 1.2 Runner-Up: Callaway Golf 2017 Men’s Great Big Bertha Epic Driver
- 1.3 Best Lightweight Driver: TaylorMade Men’s AeroBurner 2016 Driver
- 1.4 Best High-End Driver: TaylorMade M3 Driver
- 1.5 Best Looking Driver: Cobra 2018 Golf Men’s King F8+ Driver
- 1.6 Best Club For Seniors: Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Driver
- 2 Key Features To Consider When Buying A Top Golf Club
- 3 Which Club Is The Best?
Best Golf Driver For High Handicappers On The Market Today
Before we dive into these intricate features and bore some of the more hands-on players with all these technicalities, we are starting with the best-golfing drivers the pros generally use. If you are an intermediate player with aspirations of reaching the elite levels, you should consider any one of these clubs to help you.
Top Pick: TaylorMade 2018 M4 D-Type Driver
TaylorMade is one of the leading brands and it should be no surprise that we start with one of their drivers. The TaylorMade 2018 M4 D-Type Driver is one of their latest models and it features numerous custom shafts. The design has been specifically changed to help you avoid any potential sliced shots, improving accuracy.
- High-End Construction: Being lightweight and durable at the same time gives the club a different sense of quality
- Full Customization: The club comes with numerous different shafts for customization. This should help you with your swing speed.
- Sweet Spot: Hammerhead technology has been integrated and this enlarges the sweet spot for more perfect shots.
- Spin: Consistent sidespin means the player can compensate and have a better idea of placing the ball correctly.
- Price: No real cons are present with this club, but the price is a little on the expensive side for most budget players
Runner-Up: Callaway Golf 2017 Men’s Great Big Bertha Epic Driver
The Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Epic Driver might be one of the older models but still packs a massive punch. The Titanium exo-cage is functional with a triaxle carbon crown and this gives you more functionality. It also reduces some of the spin, keeping the shots more directed in the right direction.
- Technology: The technology is quite unique and this club is packed full of new technology that aids players.
- Different shaft selection: This club is not only designed for the high handicapper, but also for different types for players with different shafts.
- Lightweight: According to Callaway, this has been rated as one of their lightest clubs on the market today.
- No real cons
Best Lightweight Driver: TaylorMade Men’s AeroBurner 2016 Driver
Weight is fundamentally important for a professional player. If the club is too light, it might not be functional, but keeping the weight to a minimum while adding some to the head can give you more distance. The TaylorMade Men’s AeroBurner Driver aims at doing this and giving you functionality when it comes to shaft technology.
- Lightweight: While the club itself might seem a little older than most, it is one of the lightest. The aerodynamic shape also promotes faster swing speeds.
- Aerodynamic: With a raised crown, the club promotes much better airflow. This will reduce the drag of each shot.
- Affordable: We all associate TaylorMade with massive prices, but this club is actually a little more affordable than most.
- Not as forgiving: Unfortunately, the club is not as forgiving as many people might need. However, pros will be able to compensate for this
Best High-End Driver: TaylorMade M3 Driver
The TaylorMade M3 Driver is one of the leading drivers when it comes to popularity. It might still be a little expensive, but the tech features are definitely worth it. New face curvature eliminates some of the slicing or dicing, whilst higher loft will give you more distance. It is also really adaptable for players of all skill ranges in general.
- Reduced Spin: With a reduced spin, the player tends to have more consistency in placement on the golf course.
- Sweet Spot: One thing that TaylorMade has focused on is their sweet spots and this is apparent with this club.
- Draw and Fade: The backward y-portion gives you more functionality and the pro players can now easily play those draw and fade shots
- Price: Unfortunately, this is one of the most expensive clubs on the market today and that does make it a rare buy.
Best Looking Driver: Cobra 2018 Golf Men’s King F8+ Driver
One of the latest drivers is the Cobra 2018 Golf Men’s King F8+ Driver and it has been designed with some precision. This driver features a 360-Aero innovative design and the ultralight carbon fiber crown gives you more power. With smart pad technology, you can also adjust the loft electronically if needed when you are playing.
- Electronically Adjustable: Since it works with Smart Technology, this club can be adjusted with a smart pad.
- Stylish Design: The biggest draw is the design and this does look extremely stylish and professional.
- Aerodynamic: The club reduces quite a lot of drag and the aerodynamics will make it much easier to use.
- Shaft: with so many shaft choices, you will need to do some additional research before selecting the wrong option
Best Club For Seniors: Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Driver
As a senior player, you might need to choose something a little easier to handle. The Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Driver rates amongst the top clubs for senior players with all the versatility it offers. Unique Flex Fins make it perfect for slower swing speeds to help the player reach those longer ranges and complete the course.
- Design: A cup design is perfect for players to scoop the ball and actually reach more height for longer shots.
- Right and Left-Handed: This club can be used by right and left-handed players, but even females might enjoy it.
- Adjustable Flex: We have specifically recommended it for the adjustable flex that should make life that much easier for seniors.
- Overpriced: With so many other clubs, this one does seem a little overpriced for most people to buy.
Key Features To Consider When Buying A Top Golf Club
The features you will be looking for as an elite player will be different from those of a newcomer. However, these features remain universal and you can use them for buying your club regardless of your skill level. Here are the most important features to keep in mind when you are buying a new golf club, specifically a driver:
The Clubface plays an important role for most players and it will indicate the loft and how much height you can achieve. You need to look at the crown design as well, indicating the amount of drag. If the club is more aerodynamic, it should be a little more functional. This is definitely something the high handicapper will need to consider.
You might not always love the shaft and the flex that the club comes with. However, once you can actually customize it, it will be more functional. We have focused on clubs that enable you to adjust the shaft as much as possible. This should give you a little more functionality to deal with as well.
As you start moving up in the ranks, you will notice the difference that Titanium and Carbon Fiber makes to the club. A reinforced carbon fiber head could help you improve distance and play better shots. We definitely recommend looking for carbon fiber to assist you as a professional player.
Which Club Is The Best?
Singling out one of them as the best is not the easiest prospect. All of these clubs are functional, but TaylorMade is one of the leading brands when it comes to quality. We hope that you have enjoyed this article and we definitely look forward to reading a couple of your comments below. You should also check out the best golf cart brands to help you move easier on the course!