What good is a golf cart without an excellent battery? So, are you looking to get a decent golf cart battery replacement? Then look no further than the VMAXTANKS 6 Volt 225Ah AGM Battery. It’s one of the best batteries for golf cart with high capacity that requires minimal maintenance. Aside from powering up with direct electrical current, it is rechargeable with solar energy.
The efficiency of a golf cart depends heavily on the effectiveness of its batteries. But then, most golf cart owners usually think that the best batteries are the ones that came with it from the manufacturer. Yet, this might not always be true as the best golf cart battery may come as a replacement.
The last thing you need during an intense game of golf is for your golf cart to stop working in the middle of the course, leaving you to walk ‘miles’ for the next swing. That’s why we’ve taken the time to provide this review of the best batteries for golf cart as well as an educative buyer’s guide.
Review of the Best Batteries for Golf Cart
1.Overall Best Golf Cart Battery: VMAXTANKS 6 Volt 225Ah AGM Battery
The VMAXTANKS 6 Volt 225Ah AGM battery offers a maximum delivery system that ensures high power supplies to the cart. It features ultimate strength and durability, which allows it to power the cart even after discharges.
The battery has a life span of 8-10 years, which means you don’t worry about spending additional money to get a replacement in a short time.
I strongly recommend this battery if you like going on a rough and speedy ride as it has AGM that helps contain the electrolyte. One good thing about the VMAXTANKS battery is that not only can you recharge with electricity, but you can store up solar and wind energy as well.
What We Like
- Heavy Duty: due to the VMAX heavy duty lead-tin alloy component, the battery offers improved performance without a constant recharge.
- No Need for Maintenance: The battery is so sturdy and requires minimal maintenance. No addition of water or electrolyte checkup, yet 8-10 years guaranteed.
- Excellent Suspension System: it uses an electrolyte suspension system that contains AGM (Absorbed Glass Matt). This compound holds the electrolyte bound together during the tough rides.
What We Didn’t Like
- Not Durable: the battery drained out almost immediately after recharge. Hence, it is not a great option for long hours of use in a day.
Best Design Golf Cart Battery: Lifeline Marine AGM Battery
The Lifeline Marine AGM Battery is one of the best golf cart battery 6v on the markets. It comes with an industry-leading 2% rate of gas breaks under regular operating conditions. It also has a 2% self-discharge rate in a month under normal room ambiance of 25 degrees centigrade. This benefit is due to an improved quality construction found exclusively on the lifeline brand.
With this battery, you are free from sulfuric acid leaks and no acid clean up required. It offers more power when compared with other golf cart batteries of the same capacity. What’s more, it has low battery internal resistance, which helps it to charge better.
What We Like
- Maintenance Free Operation: There is no such thing as an electrolyte refill since there are no leaks or drains with this brain. Moreover, you don’t need to do an acid clean up.
- Great for Boondocking: the battery offers more power than other batteries with the same capacity. So, if you are looking for the best golf cart battery for a long power supply, this is a perfect choice for you.
- Works Perfectly: The battery has an improved design and delivers maximum power with minimal charge.
What We Didn’t Like
- Heavy: the batteries weigh over 66 pounds, which might cause a wrist problem if carried alone.
Best Electric Golf Cart Battery: Weize 12V 55AH Deep Cycle Battery
The Weize 12V 55AH Deep Cycle Battery stands as the best-sealed lead-acid battery for golf carts. It utilizes an enhanced heavy-duty grid that offers excellent performance and service in cyclic and float operations.
Enjoy state of the art design with the AGM enhanced seal that guarantees no leakages under enclosed or environmental conditions. It can also be a perfect replacement for an electric golf cart battery since it has a high voltage of 12 volts.
What We Like
- High Voltage Battery: with 12 volts capacity, it offers an enormous quantity of power to the engine
- Amazing Design: comes with a fantastic Callum-alloy grid and a valve regulated design that needs no maintenance.
- Versatile: You can use this battery in a vast range of applications, including electric vehicles, golf carts, and even lawn and garden engines.
What We Didn’t Like
- Missing Accessories: It doesn’t come with some important accessories for the battery’s wiring and easy mounting.
Popular Golf Cart Battery: Trojan Trojan 6 Volt Battery T-105
The Trojan T-105 battery for golf carts is a popular model among golf cart users. You can always count on the Trojan to provide long-lasting, reliable power at a consistently exceptional rate. It is covered with a sturdy maroon case.
The Trojan T-105 golf cart battery is a lead-acid battery that you can use as a stand-alone alternative energy system. They also hold the longest track record in solar electric use.
On top of that, the Trojan has a long battery life. So, you will enjoy a longer ride with minimal charging. It stands out with its record for the least cost per amp-hour of any other golf cart battery.
What We Like
- Long Battery Life: This Trojan golf cart batteries have a long battery life that allows driving your court for more extended hours before needing a recharge.
- Maroon Case: It is well-coated in an elegant Marron colored case sturdy enough to prevent leaks.
- Consistent Value: The power output remains constant, even when running low.
What We Didn’t Like
- Maintenance: this battery requires regular maintenance, which can be a little inconvenient sometimes.
- High Cost: Trojan battery sales come at a high price, so set out a big budget to get this model.
Notable Mention: Mighty Max Battery 6V 200AH
A notable mention is the Mighty Max ML200-6, which is among the best batteries for golf cart on the market. This battery performs exceptionally as It features a heavy-duty, calcium-alloy grid that can meet your power cyclic and even float needs.
The ML200-6 Internal Thread is built with innovative Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) technology. This feature comes fully with a valve regulated design, making it suitable for use indoors. It is compatible with most golf models, providing excellent power quality without leak or need for maintenance.
This Mighty Model is not only compatible with golf carts, but also with a wide variety of vehicles and appliances. They can be used for other electric vehicles, consumer electronics, engine Starters, Lawn, and other appliances that run on electricity.
What We Like
- Long-lasting Power Supply: The Mighty is designed mainly for power. While using it, you never have to worry about your cart going off.
- Indoor Use: You can use it for your cart, and suitable for indoor use.
- Compatibility Range: This model can be used on many other electronic machines, vehicular and non-vehicular alike.
What We Didn’t Like
- Unesthetic: This machine is powerfully effective but does not look attractive, unlike other models in our list.
- Limited Power Supply: This brand is considerably powerful, but it still has unclear reachable limits.
- High Cost: Everything good comes at a cost. And a very good model such as this comes at a very high price.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Batteries for Golf Cart
When you get to the auto replacement store, you’ll notice that almost all batteries look the same. However, if you must know, the makes and specifications, and how long it last before recharge are different. Each battery has a particular automobile that suits perfectly. Hence, to choose the best golf cart batteries, these are features to look out for.
The capacity of a battery is the quantity of power it can hold and supply. It is measured in AH or amp-hours. Golf cart batteries come in various capacities, and this determines the golf cart functionality. Batteries with low capacities reduce the efficiency of the cart and require charging within a short time.
However, high capacity batteries provide more run time before needing a recharge. You could combine low and high capacity batteries by parallel connection of positive and negative ports for a better effect.
After the capacity, this is the next thing you should check before purchasing a golf cart battery. Several features help to determine the type of battery you should use in a particular cart. Basically, there are three battery types to use on a golf cart, each with different features and capabilities.
The popular type of golf cart battery is the flooded lead-acid batteries. These batteries do not come sealed but have a vast range of sizes and designs. You can use them in various cart engines because of its universal and powerful. Since it is not sealed, you may refill the acid when it drains by topping up the sulfuric acid on the lead plates.
The second battery type is the gel lead-acid batteries. This type uses a thickening agent to hold the electrolyte in place, so it flows freely. The high viscosity helps you preserve the battery and cart power even when you have driven roughly and cracked the case. But you can’t refill the acid because it comes with a tough seal.
Lastly, we have the AGM lead-acid batteries that use fiberglass to hold down the acid. It is the strongest type and most reliable when it comes to vibrations.
Battery’s Life Cycle
There is a specific number of times the golf cart batteries discharge and recharges before it starts to lose its capacity. This is what is known as the battery life cycle. Like most other types of batteries, a golf cart battery’s life expectancy cycle depends on its life span.
However, the stated life cycle for each model is not always accurate. It is merely a guide to help the buyer determine which battery lasts the longest. Ultimately, it is how often you use and charge your battery that determines its life expectancy.
The voltage of Your Golf Cart
I understand that this aspect can be a little confusing. But it is very important to first figure out the right voltage for your golf cart to avoid purchasing an unsuitable battery. It may also help to determine the number of golf cart batteries needed for your vehicle.
The operating system of a standard golf cart is usually around 36- volts or 48-volts. There are 3 possible Voltages for golf carts; 6 volts, 8 volts, and the best cart batteries, 12volts. Half a dozen of 6 volts batteries give out 36-volts of juice. Subsequently, six 8-volt or 12-volt batteries produce an operational output of 48-volt.
Perhaps you don’t know the right amount of voltage and number of batteries to purchase; You can always replace the old ones with brand new ones of the same model. Check the label on the old battery. You can also enquire about the store you intend to purchase from.
If you are unsatisfied with your old batteries’ performance, however, you should switch to a new brand. To quickly find out your golf cart’s voltage, you should count the number of acid holes on the battery headcover.
There are usually 3, 4, or 6 holes on each battery. Then multiply the number of acid holes by 2. What you get is the number of voltage. So, if there are 18 acid holes in all the batteries, that means your golf cart is 36-volt.
Hopefully, you still have the manufacturer’s manual. I suggest you thoroughly go through them, so you don’t make any costly mistakes when buying or installing one. If you don’t have the manual, then the internet is your next best option.
Golf is undoubtedly a pricey sport. While you have to spend a considerable amount on your golf clubs, balls, and get the best used golf carts, you don’t have to break the bank for the battery.
So, before buying any, ensure to carefully check online for the best golf cart battery prices, make comparisons, and consider the costs.
Many golfers mistake settling with overpriced batteries, thinking that they can get the best out of it. Well, that’s not the case for golf battery. You need to set a budget and know what you need from it. That way, you don’t make a regrettable purchase.
Final Word on the Best Batteries for Golf Cart
Driving around the golf course is as much fun as golfing itself. However, if you don’t have the best golf cart battery, you might have a frustrating day golfing. Don’t believe the fallacy that built-in batteries are the best because most times, replacement batteries are what make your cart kick excellently.
So, don’t be afraid to pick any of the best batteries for golf cart mentioned above. Moreover, they have a great battery life to keep your cart running on the golf course for longer hours. However, ensure to check the buyer’s guide before purchasing to get the right one.