Beginners can have it the hardest when it comes to golfing equipment. Since they have no real experience with the technical aspects, it is really easy to make a few mistakes when choosing. However, the best golf drivers for beginners can help you out a little. Most beginner clubs are available in sets, but if you want to make a better statement, you can upgrade with a top driver. The TaylorMade Men’s M2 460cc Driver is the top one we have chosen.
As I found myself intrigued with golfing equipment, I quickly learned that the driver is the most important part of your kit. A good driver can shorten the course and give you a little more flexibility when it comes to the technical shots. After spending hours on the driving range, I came to grips with the top drivers. I hope that you can also improve your game now.
In this article, we take a deeper look at these clubs. We look at some of the modern tech advancements that are introduced and help you to find the perfect driver for your needs. This should make it much easier for you when selecting a brand new club. Many people have also seen massive handicap improvements with these modern beginner driving clubs.
|Best Drivers||Top Features||Our Rating|
|TaylorMade Men’s M2 460cc Driver||Enhanced Sweetspot, Top Quality Grips||★★★★★|
|TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Black Driver||Stylish design with a titanium head||★★★★★|
|Cobra 2018 Golf Men’s King F8 Driver||Brand new models with top aerodynamic features||★★★★★|
|Callaway Men’s XR 16 Driver||One of the most versatile grip selections||★★★★★|
|Callaway Golf 2018 Men’s Rogue Driver||Latest tech with full adjustability||★★★★★|
|Power Play Juggernaut Titanium Draw Non-Conforming Driver||All the basic features a beginner could need||★★★★★|
- 1 Best Drivers For Beginners On The Market Today
- 1.1 Top Pick: TaylorMade Men’s M2 460cc Driver
- 1.2 Runner-Up: TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Black Driver
- 1.3 Best New Driver: Cobra 2018 Golf Men’s King F8 Driver
- 1.4 Best All-Player Driver: Callaway Men’s XR 16 Driver
- 1.5 Best High-End Driver: Callaway Golf 2018 Men’s Rogue Driver
- 1.6 Best Budget Driver: Power Play Juggernaut Titanium Draw Non-Conforming Driver
- 2 Key Features To Consider When Choosing A Driver
- 3 Which One Is The Best?
Best Drivers For Beginners On The Market Today
With so many options to choose from, finding the perfect one is daunting if you don’t have a little review. These reviews will show you all the intricate features and even a few downsides that could be problematic. To ensure you find a club whilst knowing everything from the start, you should give these reviews a read. That being said let’s look at the top club options:
Top Pick: TaylorMade Men’s M2 460cc Driver
TaylorMade is one of the leading brands when it comes to golfing equipment. While the TaylorMade Men’s M2 460cc Driver is affordable, yet a stylish model for beginners. It is not as expensive as the TaylorMade M4 Driver is, but has the top features. One of them is the excellent sweet spot that helps beginners extend their range:
- Sweetspot: One of the most fundamental options is the sweet spot. This driver has a lot of ogive with the massive sweet spot
- Loft: Many beginners might not really understand loft adjustability. However, it should help a lot when you are improving.
- Longevity: Some of the tech features in this driver will never go out of fashion and this makes it a long-term investment.
- Grip Technology: The Fujikura Pro 50 is one of the most comfortable and should help you improve your game.
- Price: All of the top TaylorMade clubs are expensive. However, they have long-term usage for top players
Runner-Up: TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Black Driver
Once again, we have another TaylorMade driver. The TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Black Driver is a slightly smaller version that is designed for right and left-handers. The head has been mostly constructed from titanium to give you more power at a lighter weight. It also comes with a stylish satin black finish to help you look the part.
- Design: It is rated as one of the most stylish options on the market. This driver could help you look the part
- Weight: Since titanium is the main part of the construction, it is also one of the lightest options on the market
- Versatility: With so many adjustments at your fingertips, you can use this club for a very long time
- Head Cover: The headcover sleeve is one of the least liked options. It feels cheap and weak compared to some of the other TaylorMade versions
Best New Driver: Cobra 2018 Golf Men’s King F8 Driver
If you are just starting, you might be interested in the Cobra 2018 Golf Men’s King F8 Driver. It is one of the newer models currently available and the polymer aero technology will extend the drag. This could give you some added distance. Carbon fiber has been used to add to the durability and keep the weight of the club on the lighter side.
- Durability: having carbon fiber in the face will give the club more durability and also keep the weight to a minimum
- Adjustability: The Smartpad technology is one of the latest additions to the industry. This helps you easily adjust your loft on the go
- Flex: Multiple different flex versions are available. This means the club can also be used by a professional when needed
- Expensive: Just like the TaylorMade brand, this is another expensive club. However, you will definitely save in the long run
Best All-Player Driver: Callaway Men’s XR 16 Driver
If you want to share your clubs or you want to keep the same clubs as long as possible, the Callaway Men’s XR 16 Driver is a great option to have. It features a low drag design with added speed, but the flex can also be fully adjusted until you find the ideal setting for your game. It has been rated as one of the most forgiving drivers on the market today:
- Shaft: You can choose the flexibility of the shaft. They have even included one for a senior player breaking into the game
- Lightweight: Having a very lightweight will give you much more speed for your swing. This should make life much easier for weaker players
- Sweetspot: Compared to most of the other drivers we have seen, this one has a very forgiving sweet spot. It can help you improve your handicap in a hurry
- We could not find any real downsides worth mentioning. A good set of irons could be helpful here.
Best High-End Driver: Callaway Golf 2018 Men’s Rogue Driver
Now that you have seen some of the other top clubs, you should look at a high-end club. The Callaway Golf 2018 Men’s Rogue Driver is really stylish and it has been rated amongst the top options. What we love are all the different shaft materials that you can choose from. We believe this can also be close to a professional club with all this tech added.
- Forgiveness: The massive MOI is exactly what you could be needed when looking at forgiveness as a beginner
- Aerodynamics: Callaway has worked with a few Boeing experts to ensure that the aerodynamics are on par.
- Shaft Selection: We have reviewed many of the top clubs, but the shaft selection here is one of the widest on the market
- Price: Unfortunately, all of this technology does come at quite an expensive price. You might need to improve your game a little before buying this club
Best Budget Driver: Power Play Juggernaut Titanium Draw Non-Conforming Driver
Last but certainly not least, we have our budget option. The Power Play Juggernaut Titanium Draw Non-Conforming Driver is an affordable graphite option. It features a titanium head with a massive sweet spot, but the price is probably one of the cheapest. It is definitely for the ultimate beginner and for senior players.
- Price: This is one of the cheapest options on the market today. It is definitely for all beginners to buy
- Shaft: The graphite shaft is really durable and lightweight. It has a very low drag as well for newer players
- Sweetspot: The sweet spot is highly forgiving. Since it has a broad head, this sweet spot is much larger than most
- Lacks Advanced Features: Unfortunately, the clubs do not have the most advanced tech included for beginners
Key Features To Consider When Choosing A Driver
Now that you have seen the top clubs, you should also look at all the features we have used to choose them. These features will ensure that you get the best option for your needs. Here are a few of the top technology advancements that we think you should look at:
The sweet spot is one of the first things that any beginner should look at. Having a bigger sweet spot means the club will have more give. It can help you propel the ball further off the tee. You can have more flexibility with your other clubs, perhaps even improving your overall handicap.
A shaft is made from steel or graphite. Depending on your budget, you should consider the graphite shaft. However, we have also seen many other clubs that have a wider variety of shafts that you could choose from.
Last but certainly not least, you need to ensure the club has a few aerodynamic features. This makes it much easier for you to play your shots and improve the shot speed. However, it will inevitably add to the price.
Which One Is The Best?
While all of these clubs have been highly rated, TaylorMade stands tall as the number one brand on the market. We definitely believe the TaylorMade Men’s M2 460cc Driver is exactly what you might need to enhance your game and reach the next level. Let us know in the comment section if you agree or if we missed any of your favorites.