Whether you plan on playing golf as a hobby, or you want to reach a better level and get paid to play, you will need a few clubs to get started. Beginners have it the hardest and they generally don’t know which clubs are the best. Fortunately, I have done some research to find the best golf clubs for beginners at affordable prices. The Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set is a complete set for any beginner to start immediately.
In this article, we discuss some of these clubs and find out how they have worked for me whilst playing. I tested these golf clubs with the help of my local golf pro at the club, giving me insight on each swing and even improving my overall game. Numerous golfing hours have gone into helping you find the best clubs to get you started.
5 Best Golf Clubs For Beginners
|Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set||
This is one of the top options with every club needed for beginner and intermediate players
|PROSiMMON Golf X9 V2 Golf Clubs||
A slightly affordable set with an excellent driver and sweet spot for better improvement of your game
|Wilson Men’s Profile XD Golf Complete Set||
One of the trusted sets that have been around for quite some time, but still a reliable set
|Callaway Women’s Strata Complete Golf Set||
This set has been designed with an ergonomic feel for every female to use
|Tour Edge HT Max-J Junior Golf Set||
If your child wants to start out early in the golfing world, this set is great for children up to the age of 5
- 1 Best Golf Clubs For Beginners On The Market Today
- 1.1 Top Pick: Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set
- 1.2 Runner-Up: PROSiMMON Golf X9 V2 Golf Clubs Set & Bag
- 1.3 Best Value Set: Wilson Men’s Profile XD Golf Complete Set
- 1.4 Best Female Clubs: Callaway Women’s Strata Complete Golf Set
- 1.5 Best Set For Junior Players: Tour Edge HT Max-J Junior Golf Set
- 2 Key Features To Consider When Choosing The Best Golf Clubs
- 3 My Best Recommendation For Beginners
Best Golf Clubs For Beginners On The Market Today
Golf might not seem like a technologically advanced sport, but it is actually one of these sports with many technology upgrades. While we cannot predict which new clubs will be the best in the future, these clubs are the current best options for beginners. Let’s get started to find the best clubs on the market:
Top Pick: Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set
Callaway is one of the top brands when it comes providing golfing equipment. The brand has been one of the oldest and the Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set is one of the best. With 18 golf clubs included, you will be sorted for every situation. The accuracy and care taken to design these clubs are also apparent once you start playing with them.
- High Flight Technology: This technology has been designed to give you more forgiveness and improve the distance you get from playing with irons
- Ambidextrous: While the clubs themselves are not ambidextrous, they are available for both men and women
- Stability: Compared to some of the other bags, this one can actually stand on its own when playing a shot.
- All-in-one: All the clubs that you will need to play any shot has been included in this package deal
- Takes some practice: With such a large sweet spot that has been included, you need to constantly practice
Runner-Up: PROSiMMON Golf X9 V2 Golf Clubs Set & Bag
Our runner-up is the PROSiMMON Golf X9 V2 Golf Clubs Set & Bag and this 8-club set is perfect for those who have never played before. You might need to buy your own separate putter, but fortunately, the rest of the kit is fully included. I personally recommend this bag to all my friends and family looking for something cheap to get started.
- Driver sweet spot: The sweet spot on the driver is larger than normal. This means fewer shots being underplayed or missed
- Stylish bag: While the bag is not always important, I really like the design and the dividers that help you sort each club
- Affordable: I like the price as well and this will keep you from ever feeling disappointed if the sport does not appeal to you
- Lightweight: Graphite is the main material that has been used for most of the shafts and this keeps the clubs light for beginners
- Putter: I am not really happy with the putter and believe you might need to upgrade to something like the Pinemeadow Golf Men’s PGX Putter
Best Value Set: Wilson Men’s Profile XD Golf Complete Set
When it comes to getting the best value for your money, it is hard to look past a brand like Wilson. They have been dominating many sports and the Wilson Men’s Profile XD Golf Complete Set is great for beginners. The set might seem a little old, but the technology is still on par for what any beginner will need when starting out.
- Irons: Deep cavity back technology has been integrated for the irons and this will help improve accuracy
- Distance: I am not quite sure how, but playing with this club design, I have seen a dramatic improvement in distance
- Uniflex: The flex might not really be important as a beginner, but thanks to the uniflex system, these clubs work for everyone
- Affordable: These clubs are really affordable and since you receive 10, they should be great to start with
- Bag: Unfortunately, the bag feels a little cheap and the materials lack some durability from tough conditions
Best Female Clubs: Callaway Women’s Strata Complete Golf Set
Golfing has been moving towards helping the female players develop quite a lot and they have definitely improved technology and the designs. For any female, I would recommend the Callaway Women’s Strata Complete Golf Set with 11 different clubs that are all designed for the beginner. I love the ergonomic feel and many females also feel the same.
- Ergonomic: These clubs have an ergonomic design, specifically made to give any female player more comfort
- Driver: Since they are designed for beginners, the sweet spot is a little better and more forgiving to help you improve
- Bag Quality: The bag is one of the best I have seen. With a cooling pocket for your drinks and a few storage areas for your personal belongings, you should never lose anything
- Stylish: Female love to have stylish equipment and always look great when playing. This bag has all of this and more
- Sizing: The clubs might be a little too long for some of the female players. However, they can be adjusted if needed
Best Set For Junior Players: Tour Edge HT Max-J Junior Golf Set
Most professional players will tell you that you need to have your child start playing from a young age. The Tour Edge HT Max-J Junior Golf Set is not one that I could test, but I have courted a few young people to let me know about their experiences. The set is one of the most affordable for beginners, even if you are simply a hobbyist.
- All the basics: The bag might not have as many clubs as you would expect for the professional sets, but it has more than enough for beginners
- Cheap: Since the set is designed for the younger folk, it is also one of the cheapest. The colors are different for boys and girls
- Warranty: I really love the limited lifetime warranty, which means the clubs can be passed down with each generation
- Lightweight: This is one of the lightest sets and it will certainly help younger children around the age of 5 to get started
- Limited clubs: You will gradually need to add more clubs as the child improves or when they get older. This could be a little expensive
Key Features To Consider When Choosing The Best Golf Clubs
If you ask any professional player, they will tell you how important it is to buy the clubs separately. However, this is not always possible and it will make a massive dent in your budget. When buying a new set of golf clubs, here are a few considerations that I believe you should keep in mind to ensure you get the best value
When looking at your driver, the sweet spot is fundamentally important. If you start playing, you might have a couple miss hits, but the sweet spot should make up for this. On the other clubs, you should look at the design and decide if you are comfortable playing with it. A golfing professional can aid you in this process.
You definitely need to keep the size in mind and not all of these clubs are the same. If the clubs are too long or too short, they will not be as comfortable to play with. It is also worth noting that females should use clubs designed specifically for their needs. Additionally, I like to mention the weight as well, but a great golf push cart can make transportation easier.
Personally I belieive, you should definetely include the bag as one of the additional items. Your bag should be durable and if you have a few head covers, this will be even better. I like having a few additional storage pockets as they allow me to carry along my GPS without having to worry about it being damaged in bad weather conditions. Be sure to find the best GPS for your golfing needs.
Buying an expensive club when you are starting out does not seem like a smart option. Instead of paying so much for one club, you can simply choose to have a complete set. You can get a little more value and start faster. Eventually, you might need to upgrade certain clubs like the putter and the driver.
My Best Recommendation For Beginners
Golf clubs for beginners are not as popular as many of the more advanced alternatives. However, we have selected some of the best options we could test. The Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set is definitely one of the best options to get you started. However, many of you are avid golfers and we would love for you to share your thoughts and let us know if we might have missed any other great club sets.
You might also enjoy looking at the best electric trolleys that can be used as a beginner or a pro player.